Monday, October 17, 2005

rest and reflection

wow! today i actually hurt in (muscle) places i have not hurt in recent yrs! yeahoo! y'know, some of those "good hurts?"!! then there was the knee pain and the shin pain. mostly going up and down the stairs! yet, the euphoria remains from yesterday......

the accomplishment! it's great! the knowledge that i have the GUMPTION, i have the stamina, i have the 'wanna' to run long distances...to go for a goal! this is definitely a new chapter in my life.

an equal yet less satisfying other side of the see-saw...is the pain. the pain that i am unable to overcome. Lord, pls heal my physical body!

the muscle soreness reminds me of a goal and an achievement.
the knee pain tells me i should have slowed down then stopped at about 4 miles.

you know, it's not like THE MILES ARE GOING ANYWHERE! why must they be 'done' on a specific day?

they don't. i just knew this week held an 8 mile run and i COULDN'T WAIT to get going on it! it was a challenge. whereas i used to DREAD going out for a run...it was punishment. now it is fun, it is my alone-time, it is appreciating God's creation (outside and my body!), ...it is the wind on my face, the tunes in my ears....the fact (or notion) that i'm helping to SPIN the earth in it's orbit!

i'm planning on walking tomorrow. i'm planning on doing whatever it takes to get these 'injuries?' under control! you know how 'it is written' that you must 'listen to your body'...pretty sure mine is screaming: "whoa back!"

thx 4 reading! i'm enjoying this journey.
kt

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home