Tuesday, October 18, 2005

cross-train?

does walking count 4 cross-training?
i met mom this a.m. & we did her walk route. {yep, my mom has a walk route. GOOD JOB MAMASITA!} nice and easy. felt my knee but nothing compared to running. felt pretty good.

i had an epiphany last nite. (m.i.l's word.) while walking really seeeems like a bummer to me, instead of doing nothing and (my fear:) BLOWING UP LIKE A BALLOON...why not take a walk on my off days? i fear even for the off day (even tho i am 2B running the next day) if i do nothing, i will LOSE SOMETHING! like my MOMENTUM.

so, i downloaded a book onto my ipod! i could walk for an entire hour, at least, listening to a story!

it was almost as if God gave me this inspiration. i know it sounds weird: not that HE would talk to me, but that it was an inspiration! but seriously, i'm in this RUN mode. like there is no other thing. the only other thing would be if i belonged to a club...i could swim or bike indoors. but nah...

even if i miss long(er) runs the next 2 wks i'm still on track for the my 6+ mile leg of the welch's marathon 10/30 ... and hopefully, if i baby my knees and shins, i will be running pain-free by then!

the shift in focus needs 2B: not 'TRAIN FOR' the 10 mile or 1/2 marathon for now. good thing i have not sent in any $$ for either of those 2 races yet. have time still.

otherwise, remember, there's a marathon in APRIL! i could just 'go for' that!

my plan for tomorrow: up and assess my pain. get ready for either a 3 mile run or an hour walk (w/ book on shuffle). even if i start running and the pain is intense, i'll stop and walk.

on to icing. (not the sugary kind=)) and read to the kiddos b4 beddy-bye.

keep on running! isn't it amazing that God has created us so wholly and completely and perfectly? such a machine. so incredible!
kt

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed out WALK . . . thanks for going with me . . maybe I can be your rest day partner! Love and cheers to you! God's blessings,'MMMMMM

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home