Monday, December 19, 2005

Slogging thru the Snow ....


sing this, to the tune of "dashing thru the snow":
slogging thru the snow

on 2 very comfy shoes
oe'r the ice i go
slipping all the way.........

okay, that's as far as i can go. sure i have creative juices...but there's only SO MUCH TIME i can spend on the 'puter...what do you think?

stats: monday, december 19, 2005...almost the end of the year! snow on ground, ice underneath...but a good 28 degrees which was BALMY! had to strip outta my fleece! wahoo!

37.43 min
3.16 miles
11.57 avg min/mi
8.07 best min/mi
HISTORY TOTAL: since my dear family got me my garmin: 65.28 miles run in almost 13 hours. does that seems right? seems like a lot more TIME. but that is sposedly 10,555calories! wahoo! does it look gone on my bod? nope. ah me...



not too cold out. i was on a time limit ... had to get'er done before dh had to leave for work. slipping and sliding only where drivers had packed the snow and it'd turned to ice. i think the temps musta been up and down all morn. but i could stay where there was fresh, or tire tracks had left a tread, yknow? tried to stay on back streets in the 'hood.
**BE CAREFUL all ye street runners** when in doubt, stay upon the sidewalks and TREAD CAREFULLY!! when the surface is in question, just slide along...like you're cross country skiing. that's a good way to test the surface, too. better to slow down and do that than to risk WRENCHING your knee.. or turning an ankle...you get the (snow)DRIFT... =)
unfortunado, tho i REALLY went slow & careful on my sat long run, YESTERDAY, my poor knee was a tad achy. this sends a shiver of fear thru me. deja vu! i'm trying to put it outta my mind. determined to do this, folks.
so, today, i ran* w/ d.b-in-law's knee brace he loaned me. WOW! except for where the seam goes down the back of my knee --that felt like pins-- wow it really felt good! wow wow wow. is that good or bad? truth is, my knee has not yet hurt DURING a run. it never did, this fall, until it got REALLY bad. but, since part of the problem i've read about is that it doesn't TRACK right, this brace is supposed to help it TRACK. my logic is, if it 'tracks' correctly during the run, perhaps it won't pain-up between runs ( =everydaylife).
you know cuz there is that:: everyday life. running ISN'T life. altho it is one of the best things in my life right now. FOCUS focus, kt. i love getting to know the peops i have in this blogging foray, i LOVE reading about the trainings and overcomings and goals and pursuit thereof, and the dreams realized, ETCETERA of these peops.

anyhoo...i'm a-gonna be an auntie again! praise the Lord! Father, pls bless this little life You've created ... keep him/her healthy and momma and daddy too.. let this new little one Glorify YOU with her life.. amen.


s t r e t c h s t r e t c h s t r e t c h

God bless you today ~~~ kt


to the left: these are my cutie-patooties a few yrs ago in sis-in-law's wedding-ding-ding.
ps... *to clarify "run"...this is a loose term. in light of real runners...what i do could hardly be called running. but i call it that becuz i've read this is correct terminology. that and when in training for a marathon, you're supposed to call yourself a marathoner! weird, isn't it? i dunno. i don't do the last. but i've tried to take jogging, and my favorite, "slogging," OUT of my vocab. cuz, in all honesty, good people, what i do is more likened to barely-moving-SLOGGING. i mean, there really isn't a much better name for it..
and this, i feel, needed to be clarified beCUZ i was just writing about my knee pain, then wrote, "so today when i ran" and that might seem foolish to some. some would think i should just rest and nurse it. but since i'm BARELY moving it and i'm BABYING my whole body so much...i definitely think my heart and lungs get the workout and my body is really okay. the only thing better would be to lose a million pounds before ever stepping on my bones, joints, etc. again. but since THAT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN, i do what i can. get it? got it? good. pray for me, and i'll pray for you.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kimberly Rae said...

KT the saying goes FAKE IT TILL YOU MAKE IT - so in that light you are a runner and a marthoner!

Love the song, let us know if you add more verses to it.

God Bless the new little life that will be in your world soon. Babies are such a wonderful way to remember what is important.

3:07 PM  
Blogger oldhall said...

Nice piccies!

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home