Tuesday, December 27, 2005

a look at this wk

i'm gonna do something amber used to do: post my wk's worth of runs. one thing she tells me that kept her on track was to have her runs planned out. well, i have mine on the kitchen calendar, my dayplanner, the garmin workout scheduler, and now on my blog. ah me. when i do something, do i overdo it? as if it isn't in my head already.

for the last few wks (could it only be 2?) i've been running every other day. trying. then 2 days would go by sometimes and i'd feel like crap. 1, that i dint do it and 2, my muscles ache more when i don't run!

well, to get back into marathon training, i can't do that. that would mean every other wk i only actually log 2 wkday runs' and then the long wkd run's miles. got me? i dunno...dunno if that'd cut it.

SO, i'm scheduling 2 short, one med. during the week. then the one long wkd run. we'll see. i'm gonna try mon(short), wed (med), thurs (short and sometimes a walk run here), and sat (long). okay? okay. (like you have a say.) (well, i do love comments...so comment aWAY!)

  1. monday (did) 3miles
  2. tues rest
  3. wed 5 miles (this is up one from last few wks mid-wk run)(yipes)
  4. thurs walk/run 3 (this is cuz i don't wanna add too many total miles this wk...REALLY WANNA BE SURE TO TAKE IT EASY-WEEZY)
  5. friday rest
  6. sat 8 miles (OCHO!)
  7. sun REST
  8. start over

~~~~~~~~~~~~~morning by morning, new mercies i seek~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

great is Thy faithfulness!

2 Comments:

Blogger *jeanne* said...

I used one of Hal Higdon's marathon training programs to train for my first marathon.

www.halhigdon.com

I also use Jeff Galloway's walk/run intervals in my running. Some people feel they MUST run the whole way, or it doesn't "count". Not me. I enjoy the way I run, and I am getting exercise and social activity from my running. THAT'S what counts to me. Experiment, and find what works for YOU! And have fun!

www.runinjuryfree.com

9:10 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

KT ... I'm soooo excited ... you are training for a marathon!!!!! Isn't it so exciting to see your mileage creep up like that?!?

6:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home