Sunday, November 06, 2005

"BEASTS" too big

okay, a few posts ago, in describing a walk, i mentioned wearing my "too big BEASTS." when dh read that, he thot I meant my 'too big' hmm-hmms. ta-tas. chesteseees. nope. my BEASTS are not my boobs! my BEASTS are my Brooks Beasts, my running shoes. I described, a while back, my new running shoes. Bought from wonderful people at A-1 Shoes in Kennewick, WA. They really are great shoes. In spite of the fact I'd never run in them, I was able to run my race (6.3) in them and they were great. I was worried about this cuz in just walking around the house in them, the toe box seemed way too big. In factoid, they fitted me w/ WIDES! And I NEVER buy WIDES! IN factOID, they sold me 2E which, i think, is double wide! Whassup w/ that? Well, they are way big. He actually went DOWN 2 sizes lengthwise, but up 2 widths. Well, to walk around, this would not work. But on my runs...it ends up working out. Dunno. Don't understand. But somehow...

i read about blisters from too-big shoes. no problems as yet. of course, except for my race day run of 6.3 miles, i haven't run more than 3 in them! and i've walked 2. so, we're still talking small potatoes. A-1 has a great return policy (it's Brooks) so if i have any trouble, i'm sure they'll take 'em back. But if i can, when i can run more, if i have trouble, i think i'll try 2 pairs of socks.

and that's all i have to say about that! (some of you are SO glad!)
love ya!
kt

2 Comments:

Blogger oldhall said...

I'm glad you cleared THAT up.

4:06 AM  
Blogger Sarah Elaine said...

Funny how our eyes see what they want to see, isn't it??

11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home