Sunday, February 26, 2006

slow...slogging...dear bro leaving town

45 minutes; 3.7 miles
a few short walks in there.
wow. very tired. very slow!
avg around 12+ min miles
afterward...my sore spot on the inside of my shin...oh.my.gosh. muy painful.

i keep thinking (kept thinking, on my run) that the REASON is cuz i'm SO OUTTA SHAPE! how can that be? can p.t. for a few wks and little to no running for just like 2 wks REALLY take me that far outta shape?

could it be cuz it was later in the day than norm?
could it be cuz i'm SO EXHAUSTED?
my bro and sis in law and neice have been here for 10 days. it has been so much fun. pure delight. but we have all been "hanging out" for 10 days straight. some people are of the opinion that being around people constantly tires one out. do you think?

i know last nite hubby and me stayed up LATE watching icky movie: Red Eye. LATE. then we were up BRIGHT AND EARLY for church. had to get there an hour early for worship practice.

then, we never took a break all day. just kept going. going. going.

my run was actually therapeutic...always is. but all the IN-DOORS hanging out...can get kinda cabin-fever-y. so, i have really been craving a walk outside. perhaps i should bite the bullet and take more of those. i guess i figure if i have to go to all the work of getting all the comfy gear on, i might as well WORK OUT HARD CORE! is that stinkin'-thinkin'?

well, hi all, bye all. my bro et al leave tomorrow morn EARLY. i am so sad. i am not quite sure why his leaving makes me cry so much. except i guess maybe i should not over analyze it and take it for what it is. i miss him when he's gone. i love his wife. altogether i've spent, maybe the equivalent of 3-4 whole weeks with now? in our lives. they met when he lived far away and now, together, they live even FURTHER away. and my niece is a JOY and she loves me! she is only a year old. so precious and so willing to come to me and play w/ me and let me hold her. a pure JOY. a doll, too. of course.

so, saying good bye i could not stop crying as we drove away. my kidlets were so concerned. my 9 year old who doesn't want hugs any more...right now at this stage of his life...he hugged and comforted me and tried to console me. endearing.

it could be another LONG time b4 i see them again. Lord, let us go to Michigan someday. to spend that much $$, dh would rather take a fam.trip to disneyland. you know, w/ the costco tickets?! way cool. that might be next year. it would cost gee whiz...like a million $$ for our whole fam to go to michigan. i hope someday in the near future they will move closer to us. they have kicked that idea around. the hard part is: there, they are near HER parents. and they are a close fam. too.

i didn't mention the other part to this: sis in law is prego again! so i will have another neice in that little fam by august. wow.

i must mention that i do have my sis, bro in law, beautiful niece and darling nephew here in town! my kiddos love playing w/ their cousin! also, we have my hubby's sis, husband, and little niece on that side here too. we also have both sets of grandparents here! God is good!

greg, dear bro, is the one who got everyone involved and rounded up the $$$ to buy me the garmin forerunner! he did go running w/ me 2x during his stay here. he is more of an all-around exerciser than i am. very knowledgeable in all things athletic. he is always after me to join a gym or buy something...like an elliptical. I WOULD LOVE TO! believe me!

okay..... God bless you all!

beloved, let us love one another
for love is of God and everyone that loveth is born of God and knoweth God
he that loveth not
knoweth not God for God is love
Beloved, let us love one another
1John 4:7 & 8

4 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Elaine said...

OK, so with the exception of the ankle, your aches and pains are so much like mine it's uncanny!

I go for the bone scan tomorrow to see if I have a stress fracture... And I just got a knee brace!

Still tho'... barred from running for the rest of the week... sigh...

Take care, KT and thanks for keeping us posted.

6:24 PM  
Blogger ipodmomma said...

I know that feeling of leaving family, or watching them go... It's hard, but God is good, and I will pray for future togetherness...

take care!

10:32 PM  
Blogger Sarah Elaine said...

Hey... missing you!

By the way... Did I read from ipodmomma that she saw your pic? I wanna see it too!

7:49 PM  
Blogger *jeanne* said...

Happy St. Pat's!

*mcjeanne*

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home