Friday, October 07, 2005

Wow! I'm a blogger/jogger!

Okay, i can't believe i'm doing this. but my dear friend, amber, has a blog & i love reading her's. it's mostly about her foray into the wide world of RUNNING. actually, SHE is training for a marathon. i'm JUST a slogger...but i've been recently inspired by her and our friends ch.&h. who are bona fide marathoners! they have already run a FEW and amber will run one SOON! i dunno if i wanna run a marathon yet, but it HAS been my dream in the past to run a 1/2. dear miss ch. tole me the otra dia that there "is a nice-sounding one in april, thought you might be interested..." hmmmm she has a WAY of gently planting a seed....she HOPES it will flower into desire.... we shall see. can you imagine ME, running a marathon?

i have been 'jogging' since jr. high. (it's 20+ yrs later.) in high school, i took a class called 'reading, writing and running' and i considered myself a runner. b4 marriage, for a period of about one year, i'd say i was a runner. only recently, tho, have i become what i'd consider a real runner. and i don't look it. but no longer do i run haphazardly, just for an am't of time (30 minutes+ has always been my goal), and just to burn calories. it has always been that. just to counteract the calories i'd consumed. to keep weight gain at bay.

don't get me wrong. weight loss is still at the forefront of my thought process. well, actually, it is moving to a more SENSIBLE place in my mind. i am so sick of it being in the front. so, the side effects of wt loss is of course WONDERFUL and i pray i continue in that way. but i am not running to just work off the calories i consume. yeahoo!

i run first thing in the morning. i am following the training schedule amber sent me from the non-runners guide to marathons or some such title. i have yet to get my hands on the book. b&n just ordered it for me. i don't eat after about 6 pm anymore and BELIEVE ME (and my hubby) THAT, above all, is the key to wt. loss. as long as you don't make up for it during the day. but more than anything, the not-eating late at nite has REALLY changed our lives. he is losing (tho didn't really need to) wt...of course, faster than i. hopefully he will stop now. he is not a runner. wish he was. for now, i'll do this while he bikes!

anyway, today is my rest day. tomorrow i run w/ a group of gals. we meet every sat morning at a pre-determined gathering place. i think we'll run 4-5 miles. some of us are splitting up a marathon end of this month. relay-style, we each get 6-7 miles. should be fun. a first for all of us. then, mid november i am planning a 10 mile 'race!' wowee! that is 3 shy of my 'dream!' weird, huh?

i thank my God every day that i am able to run!
To God be the Glory. He is a wonderful Creator!
kt

1 Comments:

Blogger Amber said...

Don't leave me hanging!!! How was your Saturday run?

7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home